Why You Need a Mouthguard
- The American Dental Association and the Academy for Sports Dentistry recommend a professionally-made, properly-fitted custom mouthguard for all contact and collision sports.
- According to the American Dental Association (ADA), more than 200,000 oral injuries are prevented each year by wearing a mouthguard.
- Over 5 million teeth are knocked out each year, and the lifetime cost to replace one tooth is approximately $20,000.
- Mouthguards can also vastly reduce the degree of force transmitted from a trauma impact point (jaw) to the central nervous system (base of the brain).
- Mouth guards also reduce the prevalence of the following injuries:
- Cheek Lesions
- Gum & Soft Tissue Injuries
- Jawbone Fractures
- Tongue Lesions
- Lip Lesions
- Tooth Fractures
- Neck Injuries
Why You Need a Custom Sports Mouthguard
- Custom sports mouthguards are designed to match the exact structure of each player’s individual mouth, and they will last longer and be more comfortable than boil-and-bite guards.
- Custom sports mouthguards are designed for optimal oxygen flow.
- The better the fit, the better the players’ performance.
- Players get the comfort and protection they need while still being able to communicate clearly with teammates.
- A custom sports mouthguard with a player’s team colors or favorite colors quickly becomes a favorite piece of their uniform.